This set of repair instructions apply to
2005-2009 Pontiac G6
2008-2012 Chevy Malibu
2007-2009 Saturn Aura
Often referred to as a Wiper System Module, this is made up of a wiper motor and the mechanical linkage that actuates the wiper blades. After several years of use or from excessive conditions like snow, this linkage can break and cause the wiper blades to move sporadically or not at all.
- Ensure that the wipers are set to the ‘PARK’ position
- Open hood
- Remove wiper arm nut finish cap
- Remove the wiper arm nut
- To remove the wiper arm requires a special tool.
** Removing the wiper arm without a removal tool. Fold wiper arm to the service position (facing upward) gentle rock the arm on pivot shaft to remove
- Remove the air inlet grille panel and hood seal. Fasteners are most often push-pin style. But some models do use small trim bolts.
- Remove the bolts attaching the wiper module to the plenum
- Carefully lift the wiper module out of the plenum
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the wiper motor and the clip retaining the electrical harness to the wiper motor
- Remove the wiper module assembly from the vehicle
Reverse removal procedure for installation.
*When installing the wiper arms, align the wiper arm onto the wiper module pivot shaft with wiper blade to the wiper dots/stops on the windshield.
When the job is complete inspect for proper operation.
Wiper Arm Nuts 25 lb ft
Wiper Module Bolts 89 lb in